Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My first diy project "making this blog"

Well I figured that my first project should be about the making of this blog. I wanted to do this blog as a creative outlet for the things I like to do on a regular basis and to learn something new. All of the equipment that is needed to do this blog has not been completely acquired as of yet but I hope that it will not slow me down too much or take away from others enjoyment. I will only be using my Sprint Palm Pre for pictures and video until I am able to scrape enough money together to get something a little more fancy. Later on I may get my girlfriend to take pics with her Nikon D3100. So here is a list of what I am using for this project.



  • Palm Pre  for pics and video
  • Toshiba Satellite laptop for typing and uploading
  • Google's free blogspot thanks google
  • Time we all wish we had more
The first thing you should do is figure out what you want to blog about and try to get it organized in your head. Once you have done that get a google email account, its easy and just makes the whole thing simple. After you set up your your gmail account just go to www.blogger.com this will take you through all the steps you need to set up your very own blog. Its very beginner friendly, which is exactly what I needed. The whole process only takes about 5 minutes and you will have your blog up and running. The picture in this post was just a picture that I took with my phone and then emailed to myself. I was then able to copy and paste the picture into my post box. This was a rough and very quick first blog post to try and get my feet wet. I will be posting lots more detailed diy projects that will be a little more familiar to me in the future and hopefully much more entertaining.

1 comment: